Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am a bad blogger

So it's been waaaay too long since my last blog and there have been so many amazing things happen in my life.  The first and most important of which is that I got ENGAGED! Becca asked me on my birthday weekend in Catalina Island!  She was soo nervous and it made her proposal all the sweeter.  Of course, as lesbians, we have discussed marriage since pretty much day one but it still threw me off guard a bit when she got down on one knee and pulled out a gorgeous ring.  I am so in love and happy.  Now I've just got to make her vegan!

So for my actual b-day dinner I went to Hugo's in West Hollywood. I've heard that the Valley location is better but hey, it was a Thursday and on my way home. We ordered the Asian spring rolls, which were amazingly delicious.  For dinner I ordered the Very Green Casserole.  It was good to mediocre.  The vegan cheese on top was a little overwhelming and the sauce was kind of bland.  However, it was still good enough to take as left overs!

Next, last weekend I attended another Spork Foods class.  This one was a Brunch class and believe me when I say that it was YUMMY!  We made bacon stuffed tater tots, asparagus hollandaise, quiche and ginger maple scones.  From start to finish, it was unbelievable, but then again it always is with the Sporkies!  Jenny and Heather have also started Spork Online, which is (you guessed it) an online version of their classes.  I just signed up for a year membership and look forward to starting soon.  Plus, I can download recipes, search archives and everything.  Much love to Jenny and Heather!!! I hope Spork Online is a smashing success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment