Monday, November 8, 2010

Pizza Purses

So the other night I followed Vegan Yum Yum's recipe for Pizza Purses, only I used Soy Mozzerella instead of Sheese.  I would have used Daiya but my Nature Mart ran out. They turned out lovely. Then I made some spicy roasted kale by just adding some lemon juice, sea salt and red pepper flakes.  Yes, I finally feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this whole vegan cooking on the go thing.  Most of the time I don't have hours to prepare meals. Becca and I work such long hours that we want to eat as soon as we get home, which sometimes isn't until 8:30 or 9 pm.  It helps to have some recipes in my back pocket, although I will say the phylo dough is a pain in the ass to work with. It dries out easily and is sooo big that us little cramped kitchen cooks can run into some troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment