Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chili Addiction

Ok so here's the thing: I LOVE chili.  I love chili with or without beans, with or without TVP, with or without tofu, red, white, green, I love it all.  So imagine my excitement when I read Quarrygirl's post that there is a vegan menu at Chili Addiction.  Obviously Becca and I raced over to have a date night.

We ordered the vegan chili cheese fries, the chili cheese mac and the Quarry Girl burger.  Sorry about the quality of my iPhone pictures!  I couldn't get a decent shot of the chili cheese fries but here's the other two.  The chili mac was okay. Becca liked it a lot more than I did.  For me, it was really a bummer that they didn't melt the vegan cheese (I think it was Daiya) and the chili was a bit on the cold side.  The macaroni was hot as lava instead.  The whole thing was super salty so I only had a couple bites.  That didn't stop Becca from destroying it though.

The chili cheese fries posed much of the same problems.  The chili was luke warm and the cheese wasn't melted.  However, the fries were delicious and not as salty as the noodles so we both ate equal portions of this one.

The Quarry Girl burger was outstanding!  They make their own seitan there and I have to say that it's the best I've ever had.  It was meaty and chewy but didn't taste bland like some other vegan burgers (aka Boca Burger blech).  Then there was homemade sauerkraut that was awesome.  The real clincher for this $10 burger isn't even pictured!  I saw a small container with what I thought were cucumbers.  A little strange for a burger but hey, I like cukes.  Instead they were the most flavorful, homemade pickles ever.  They were incredibly fresh and just the right amount of salt and sour.

And I can't forget to mention the homemade condiments.  It says on the menu that they charge 50 cents per condiment but the guy didn't charge me after I asked for ketchup, which was fantastic.  However, if you're ordering to go, I would definitely ask for any condiments you expect to be on your burger or you will be disappointed.

Becca and I couldn't order desert because we were just too full as is evidenced by this:

No comments:

Post a Comment