Friday, March 4, 2011

Amwaj

So a new restaurant opened in my neighborhood.  My best friend Kelli was in town last weekend and beginning to tire of vegan restaurants I think (I know I don't understand it either).  We walked passed this Mediterranian place that advertised free wine with purchase of entree. SOLD!  What I didn't expect was a full page Vegan menu.  There were lots of things that looked interesting but the "Steak" Schawarma had me at fake beef strips, Middle Eastern spice and hummus.  I sorta forgot to take a picture because I was so excited to try it.  I gotta say that this was scrumptious.  I wasn't a huge fan of the side salad though.  There was mint in the dressing that fucked with my pallate in a not fun way.  The schawarma itself was great though.  I looked forward to eating my left overs but Becca beat me to them.

Becca got the hummus platter.  This was only 6 bucks and plentiful.  The first was olive, then pine nut and finally red pepper.  Becca preferred olive whereas I was all about the red pepper (perfect companions we are).  The pita wedges were delicious.  I asked if they were homemade but the server didn't know, which makes me assume not.  As for the wine, we were only supposed to get one glass per entree but we each got two for FREE!  I highly recommend people stop by and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment