Friday, June 25, 2010

Hollywood Life

Ok so it hasn't been a particularly eventful vegan couple of days.  I have had drinks every night of the week, oh the dreaded networking. Luckily all of my drinks were with people that I already know and like. I did make a vegan strawberry cake from farmer's market strawberries but it didn't turn out fantastically.  The icing was more liquid than anything and the entire thing was overly sweet. Better luck next time!  This weekend I do intend to try out Chloe Coscarelli's cupcake recipe which she used to win Cupcake Wars!  I think it will be fantastic.

So anyway last night was one of my former co-worker's last day drinks. I left the company three months ago and was surprised by all the new faces. It's always strange going back and not knowing everyone, especially since I worked there for three years. After a couple of hours and a few more beers, my old boss showed up along with his lieutenant. Two high-powered agents in suits swathed in too much whiskey. I love my old boss. He was my first of four during my time at the company, but always my favorite. I often chastised myself for leaving his desk when we got along so well but I had just started dating Becca and didn't want to work all the overtime.

It was nice to see him. He was like my work dad. So here's the thing, I am still very protective over him. So when I see him chatting with another assistant, I got a little jealous, especially since this assistant is kind of douchey just like his boss. This assistant is obviously on the fast track up the ladder so I felt it my duty to give him a little bit of shit. Once again my mouth gets me in a tad bit of trouble. I may have been a little too harsh and mentioned some information I shouldn't have, but oh well. I can always blame the booze I suppose. Hopefully nothing will come of it. Just silly assistant chatter. But it's always a good reminder that I need to always be very aware of what I'm saying and who I'm saying it too.

All in all, I had a nice visit and I think my old boss really misses me. Though he's met Becca on a few occasions, this time he told her that he loved me and would do anything for me. Becca responded in kind, "You and I have a lot in common." It was a really awesome moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment