Monday, June 14, 2010

My first post!

So here it is. My very first post. I don't even know exactly what to write about so I'll kick it off simply. My name is Brittany and I work as an assistant to a movie producer. By day I roll calls, research stories that might make a good movie, and other arbitrary busy work not worth mentioning. By night I live with my beautiful girlfriend Becca and our two kitties. Recently Becca and I did a 30 day vegan diet just to see if we could. I lost 12 pounds (all since gained back) but most importantly I felt different. Cleaner somehow, more alert. I went back to meet and some dairy after my 30 day stint. I've never really liked milk or much cheese so it wasn't too hard to avoid them. But I fully admit to being a butter adict. So I returned to the harmful, soulless meat diet and shock of all shocks, I didn't feel so good. I also began to notice that meat and cheese didn't really taste as good as I remembered.  What was happening to me? Then I realized! The food I thought I loved no longer held the same joy for me because I was thinking about where it came from and how it came to be on my plate. And honestly if anyone really thought about the horrific manner in which animals are slaughtered merely to put on our plates, everyone would be turned off.  I have spent 27 years closing my eyes to these realities but I am finally ready to be a full-fledged vegan...err mostly vegan.  I'm not quite ready to give up sushi permanently and am unsure how my family will take it (or Becca's for that matter since she comes from dairy-lovin' Midwestern stock).  This blog will be about vegan restaurants, cooking, gardening, weight loss and the tiring lifestyle of a Hollywood assistant. I don't know where I'm headed but I'm gonna enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment