Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 1 Detox!

Ok so it's only 3 pm but I'm a little excited and decided to start the blogging now.  So I woke up this morning feeling much better than yesterday, which proves what Annemarie Colbin says that the body naturally wants to heal itself if you allow for it.  I juiced when I got up.  Today I mixed 1 green apple, 1 gala apple, 1/2 pear (other half fell on the floor oh well), 1 collard green leaf and a handful of kale. It was yummy and split between Becca and me a perfect 10 oz apiece.  I also took a digestive enzyme.

On my way to work, I drank 8 oz of distilled water.  Then I had a tea because everyone was making and eating bagels so I wanted something warm to combat any cravings for bread.  Then my package finally arrived!!!!!!  I took my 3 internal daytime cleanse pills and had a shot (1 oz) of berry drink, which immediately made me nauseous. However, those hunger pangs I was feeling were eliminated so it's sort of a wash on that one. Not sure if it was the drink or the pills but something sat wrong with me.  But then I had a BM (gross I know. I considered not talking about this but I want this to be informative for anyone thinking about the Martha's Vineyard detox) and that made me feel much better.

At 12:15ish I had a glass of water mixed with one scoop of VegeSplash.  Gotta admit I like green drink better. I got the apple carrot VegeSplash, which smells like green apple suckers but tastes like sickeningly sweet green drink, though it does dissolve easier.   Then I went on my 2 mile walk from my office to Whole Foods.  Partly this is because Dr. Rani recommends moving 1 mile each day and partly because I needed paper towels and face wash.  Unfortunately it is about 90 degrees outside and I'm totally wearing a dark blue shirt that darkens when it gets wet (ie sweat spots grooooooosssss).  I'm hoping I dry out fast as my boss has 2 meetings with some pretty prestigious writers and I don't want to look like some disgusting sweaty mess.  Also, I smelled someone cooking or bbq'ing outside and it made my tummy grumble in protest.  This is the first real hunger pains I've had but since they dissipated as soon as I was out of sniff's reach, I think my body was just faking it, the big lie-teller.

Now I'm settling back in and continuing to drink from my Bobble.  At 6, I have Collard Green soup made right out of the book (though I couldn't find green beans right now).  Basically, it's carrots, distilled water, collard greens, broccoli rabe (I added that because I didn't want it to go bad), and kale boiled down and pureed.  I also have a cup of broth from the soup to drink.  Though the soup smelled fabulous when it was simmering, I'm worried it will be bland when I actually eat it.  However, I can deal with blandness if it's for a good cause.  And cleaning up my body is most definitely a good cause!  I'll probably try to blog later today about how I'm feeling for the rest of the day.  But I will say that I'm feeling clear-headed and the sickness I had yesterday has all but gone.  Just the tiniest hint of a runny nose left. Yay.  See you later and/or tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I found the link to your blog on the Martha's Vineyard Detox FB page. I also am doing the detox and am currently on day #5. I wanted to let you know I believe the fruit you mentioned is not allowed. (1 green apple, 1 gala apple, 1/2 pear)

    Good luck!

    I am on day #5 and down 9.6 lbs.

    ~Leyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I saw your link on the Martha's Vineyard Detox FB page as well and I'm going to start doing the detox in a little over a week, and I'm going to bookmark your page.

    I think it'll help to see someone else going through the detox and I can help give words of inspiration if you need it.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete