Thursday, May 12, 2011

Red Thai Tofu and Butternut Squash Coconut Rice

So another sterling victory for Isa's Appetite For Reduction!  If you haven't picked up a copy, do yourself a favor and do it NOW!!!!  I don't get paid to endorse anything (though should vegan companies feel like giving me freebies, I'm more than happy to oblige :P) but this has to be one of the best cookbooks I've found yet.  Not only are the recipes delicious, but they're manageable even for little ol' me AND nothing is over 400 calories.  It also helps you out with portion control.

Last night I decided to make the Butternut Squash Coconut Rice.  I had roasted a 2 pound squash a couple nights ago in anticipation of making this recipe.  I know that Becca loves butternut squash so I thought this might be  fun way to incorporate it.  Her trainer recommended that she only have non-processed, veggie-based meals at dinner.  Of course, I've been saying the same thing for eons.  Funny how she only listens to Constance!  Because I wasn't sure if the rice would be filling enough, I decided to tackle the Red Thai Tofu as well.  Becca isn't a fan of spice so I thought this may be a dish only for moi.  However, she ended up loving it as well!



The two dishes were different in flavor and yet complimented each other very nicely.  I was uber proud. We both fought over the left-overs this morning while I tried to make them as even as possible.

In other news, I started my morning with five minutes of meditation, or at least I tried. I realize it is a lot more difficult when I have two cats bellowing that they would like to be fed. The alternative of course being the ting ting of their collars hitting their food bowls while they eat.  Do other people have indoor pets and still meditate?  How do you find inner stillness?  I'm debating shutting them both up in the bathroom for my five minutes, although I suspect that will only lead to scratching and howling instead.  Maybe I will attempt to go out on the balcony instead.  Who said meditation was easy right?

I also dry brushed my skin this morning.  I've been reading about the importance of dry brushing in increasing circulation, working the lymph system and for all the haters out there, helping get rid of the appearance of cellulite.  I won't lie, I have plenty of dimples I would love have disappear so I'm going to try dry brushing every morning in order to help with all that.

Then I had my Hour of Power work out downstairs, though it may have been more like 40 minutes of power when all was said and done.  However, it was nice to sweat a little and get my heart rate up. I intend to take a 2 mile walk at lunch.  I have to get this full feeling out of me. It's not bloating really, just a feeling that I'm always full.  I may have overeaten last night but for serious, how do I empty myself? I had a BM this morning and I thought that would cure it but alas, still full-bellied over here.  I did make myself a green smoothie with cucumber, broccoli rabe, kale, carrot, almonds, spirulina, banana and some strawberries.  It was...interesting.  The consistency was a little thick and Becca wasn't a huge fan but I know that I have some valuable veggie and fruit servings all without engaging my digestion too much. Yay for the future!

1 comment:

  1. OMW! I LOOOOOVE both of these recipes! They are beyond amazing :) Isn't the tofu better the next day??

    ReplyDelete